Friday, June 25, 2010

HOPELESS - by neely

Lately I've felt hopeless. I've had a lot of doubts and questions. It's one of those times when God seems quiet. He doesn't seem to speak to me at all lately. I can't force Him to speak to me. I can't force Him to answer me. I can't force Him to make me feel better. I keep asking Him to give me hope. I just need a little hope and I can get through the day. If I don't have hope, I feel depressed.

There are times when God is quiet. I don't know why. I wish I did. And it seems He is most quiet when I need Him most. It's hard for me to not take it personal.

A couple of nights ago, I read Romans 15:13 and it made sense to me...

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

I use to think that having hope was a choice. You choose to be hopeful. But after reading this verse I realized that you can't really choose to be hopeful and succeed, at least not for long. The only way you can truly know hope is to trust Him. It says, "as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

So first we trust Him and then by the power of the Holy Spirit, we overflow with hope!!

If we could choose to be hopeful, then this world would have a lot less depressed people. So today I will try and trust that there's a reason He's being quiet in my life right now. Trusting God is the way to hope.


email me :) neelyjacobson@hotmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your words Neely. And your wisdom. It IS hard to trust when we don't hear Him. I'll pray for you as you expectantly wait. I'll need your prayers sometime, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure would love another blog post from you wonderful people when you have time :)

    ReplyDelete